Semantically Correct HTML Benefits. Is there a real, measurable benefit to creating semantic HTML websites? Or are the web standards purists out on their own agenda? Well, speaking as one of those purist standaristas, I can tell you that the only agenda I have is to promote semantically correct HTML for the benefit of accessibility to all users, usability of a site, and as well, and here’s the icing on the cake, the monetary value that semantic, valid (X)HTML has on SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
So let’s view each benefit, shall we? Let me say, however, that there are other benefits to semantic html that I’ll post about later…
SEMANTICALLY CORRECT HTML BENEFIT #1: ACCESSIBILITY
- Any and all users, even those with disabilities, can view your website. This translates into more readership for you, and the fact that all users can benefit from your information.
- You wont get sued like Target is.
SEMANTICALLY CORRECT HTML BENEFIT #2: USABILITY
- All users can navigate your website easily and symmetrically. What I mean by that is your layout and navigation crafted as such that information is easily “clicked or keypressed”.
- Your readers, if they stay with your site at all, are not left wondering where to go, and what to read next.
SEMANTICALLY CORRECT HTML BENEFIT #3: MONETARY
- It is proven that Google (and I’d assume the other Big 2) likes, and distinguishes between valid markup on a website, and those who loose their spider as it tries to crawl their spaghetti code markup.
- Semantics = Crawlability (see item #1) = higher SERP for your site.
So, in my opinion, I take this list in order of importance. You may, however, like benefit #3, in which case that makes your website marketable, as well as accessible, usable, and downright kewl.
For designing your website free website templates are available to enhance the appeal of your site to attract more customers. The powerpoint templates and the cv template can also be used to give a proper shape to your site. The web template download is an easy and a simple method which can be pursued for making a site. You can also get a web design contract signed by the web developers to update your site in accordance with the changing trends in the products and services.